Moving can be a life-changing event. Some people believe that moving is equally important as the arrival of children or marriage. Needless to say, relocation can be a very stressful activity, even if you are moving just across the street. Now imagine that you are moving to another country. And you have to take all your belongings with you. Moving your furniture internationally might sound complicated at first, but there is always a solution. International movers Chicago are there for you to help you prepare for the move. But let’s see how can you prepare for the move.
Call a reliable moving agency
Like we already said, moving can be difficult because it requires a lot of planning, good organization, and a lot of heavy lifting. This is why it is advisable to hire furniture movers Chicago. Don’t forget that moving experts have a lot of practice and skill, as well as the best moving tools and supplies. These are some of the reasons to call professional movers:
- Safety of your belongings. Since you are moving to another country that means that your belongings will travel long distances. It is of utmost importance that they are packed safely, and professional movers will take care of that.
- Saving time. Full-service movers will pack everything in a record time, which means that you can concentrate on other tasks.
Get moving supplies for moving your furniture internationally
You will have to call US moving experts to transport your belongings, but there are some things that you can do on your own. This will allow you to save some money when moving. But before you continue with packing, you will have to get some moving supplies. These can be bought at every hardware store, or you can order them online. Anyway, here’s what to get for moving furniture:
- Wheel dollies
- Furniture lifters
- Moving straps
- Floor sliders
- Moving pads
- Plastic bags, bins, cardboard boxes
Packing strategies for moving your furniture internationally
Even though furniture can be bulky and heavy, there are ways to make packing simpler:
- Disassemble your furniture, but don’t forget to take photos before that if you don’t have the user manual.
- Separate the removable parts, or any moving parts, wrap them into protective materials, and place them into boxes individually.
- Use plastic bags to pack screws and other small parts. Tape them to the furniture parts they belong to.
- Use moving pads, floor sliders, and wheel dollies for easier maneuvering and to avoid damage to your furniture as well as your flooring.
All in all, moving your furniture internationally can be a tricky process, but you can always count on professional movers to help you out. On the other hand, if you plan to do it on your own, get the right tools, and make a good moving strategy.